1/11/2007

03/01/07 : Crime Wave


03/01/07 : Crime Wave Directed by Sam Raimi 1985




INTERNET REVIEW : Crimewave is a 1985 film directed by Sam Raimi, a unusual slapstick mix of film noir, black comedyThe Evil Dead. The film is also known as The and several eras. It was his first studio film following the success of XYZ Murders in some parts of the world.The director has publicly disowned the film due to numerous clashes with studio executives.

Another excellent film and again not at all what I was expecting. I was the only member of the SYNW club never to have seen this before so perhaps had that added to advantage to my enjoyment. The characters are fantastic and the whole film has that slight comic book style to it which I really enjoy. Bruce Campbell appears as Renaldo 'The Heel' and as my cohorts pointed out - was obviously a massive influence on Jim Carey as the original master of the exaggerated expression and versatile eyebrow movements ! 8/10

We followed crime wave with some episodes of robot chicken ( adult swim ) which I had also never watched. The makers have apparently spent years collecting various action figures and dolls which are used to create various animated shorts. Plenty of proper belly laughs to be had throughout and I was almost crying with laughter at some of the sketches.

No comments: